A prospective primary school teacher who completed the Primary School Education Program,
- Has the knowledge of primary school curriculum; the outcomes and related contents; the most appropriate teaching methods and techniques for the outcomes and content; measurement and evaluation.
- Has the knowledge of developmental, learning characteristics, and disabilities of primary school students.
- Has the knowledge of accessing scientific knowledge; following, evaluating, and applying new studies.
- Has the knowledge of facts, concepts, and principles related to educational sciences.
- Has the knowledge about the nature, source, limits, accuracy, reliability, and validity of the information.
- Transfers the concepts related to the field to the application platforms, use them in an effective and appropriate way, and explain the relationships between them.
- Follows, comments, and uses basic resources, periodicals, and educational reports of national and international organizations in the field of primary school education.
- Makes scientific research topic out of the problems encountered in school and classroom processes; defines the problem; collects data with appropriate research methods and techniques; analyzes, comments, and develops solutions.
- Plans the teaching-learning process by taking into consideration the developmental characteristics, individual differences, readiness, environmental resources, and curriculum of primary school students.
- Organizes educational environments; use educational technologies effectively; develop appropriate materials.
- Uses learning-teaching strategies, methods and techniques in accordance with theoretical foundations; evaluate student achievements using multiple assessment tools.
- In multigrade classes, plans and evaluates the structure of the curriculum, classroom management, and learning-teaching process.
- Develops the ability to work with an interdisciplinary approach.
Competence to work independently and take responsibility
- Takes responsibility in individual and group works; performs the task effectively.
- Recognizes himself / herself as an individual; uses creativity and strengths; improves his/her weaknesses.
- Improves leadership qualities for school management processes and makes continuous contributions.
- Maintains professional development for his / her needs by critically evaluating the acquired knowledge and skills.
Communication and Social Competence
- Plans and implements social responsibility projects for different socio-cultural environments in which primary school is located.
- Sets an example to society with his appearance, attitude, and behavior as a primary school teacher.
- Shows a multifaceted development in art, sports, and cultural fields as a primary school teacher.
- Uses Turkish correctly and effectively.
- Develops himself / herself in at least one foreign language.
Field Specific Competence
- Takes security measures in school and classroom; applies first aid when necessary.
- Is aware of national and universal values expressed in the Basic Law of National Education and acts in accordance with these values.